Welcome to Legacy Christian School Kindergarten Prep! We are excited as we begin a new year with our 4 year old Kinder Prep classes.
In order to qualify for Kinder Prep, your child must be 4 years old by September 1st. Students in our preschool program who turn 4 years old during the school year will remain in their preschool classes until promotion day in August. If your child will not be 4 by September 1st, we recommend you check out our 3 & 4 year old preschool program.
Our Kinder Prep classes include daily academics, in addition to time for playing and exploring. Our students leave confident and fully prepared for kindergarten. If you would like additional information about our Kinder Prep program, please contact our office at 408-225-5976.
Footsteps for Fours
- Songs, rhymes, and musical games.
- Additional music to compliment lessons
- Traditional literature, nursery rhymes, poetry
- Auditory memory
- Listening questions to develop comprehension
- Language acquisition and development
- Recognition of letter
- Phonemic awareness of alphabet sounds
- Short vowel sound recognition and final consonants
- Optional beginning reading for early learners
- Correct posture, pencil grip, and paper placement
- Finger tracing and pencil tracking left to right
- Upper and lowercase alphabet and numbers to 20
- Number recognition to 20
- Counting to 100
- Shape recognition, patterning, sequencing,
- Calendar, clock, coins measurement
- Position words
- Seasonal changes of plants, animals, animal families and homes
- Hands on experiments, cooking, weather, space, and magnets
- Craft activities correlated with theme units
- Creative expression
- Fine and gross activities: games, action rhymes, and songs
- Bible stories from the Old and New Testaments
- Memory verses
- Character emphasis
- Art with Miss Tamm
- IPADS-Bible stories
- Math games
We offer a 10- week camp with a full day and extended day schedule. Our themes provide academic enrichment, Bible lessons, sports, music, special events, guests, and plenty of fun!!