One of Legacy’s core values is Acts of Service. We strive to instill leadership qualities and others-centered perspectives in each of our students. One way to focus on this core value is through a variety of local and global service projects presented to our Legacy community each year.
In the first semester this school year, our students organized five different service projects for the entire student body. Here’s the impact we’ve made to local organizations:
- 200 warm items such as socks, gloves, beanies, and scarves, for Bay Area unsheltered in partnership with Echo Compassion.
- Over 50 brand new school supplies for the children at the BajaEd Center in Maneadero, Mexico. Our Mexico Missions team will deliver them during their trip in February.
- 231 Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes filled with toys and necessities for children in need across the world.
- Over 75 baby items, including diapers, baby bottles, and toys for ladies and babies of CityTeam’s Heritage Home.
- 103 coats/blankets Bay Area Homeless in partnership with CityTeam San Jose.
Through these projects, they will develop organization skills, collaboration strength, and leadership.
The Bible teaches us to think of others in need and give generously as God blesses us abundantly. Reinforcing this teaching in our students enriches their heart and deepens their sense of empathy. As we conduct service projects, our students become witnesses to the difference they make when we provide them a platform to cultivate change.